Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Communications Advisor / HR Assistant (10 month term)
The Communications Advisor / HR Assistant reports to the HR Supervisor and is responsible for communication initiatives and general HR group support as directed based on group workload and set project priorities.
Assists the HR Director and HR Supervisor in specific assigned communication responsibilities and improvement projects, including:
• KF wide information dissemination (Quarterly Internal Publication, Bi-Weekly newsletter, memo’s, etc)
• Electronic media (internal & external – including intranet, website, social media, customer presentations, entrance presentation, etc.)
• Program support (Health & Safety, Wellness, Pension & Benefits, New Employee Orientation, Risk Management, M3, etc.)
• Maintains and revises Employee Policies & Procedures Manual
• Responsible for Advertising (design, development, selection, etc)
• Writes and/or edits press releases
• Conduct survey’s (as required)
• Document KF History
• Assist other Departments with communication tasks
• Assist with the development of Corporate Communications and RFP responses
• Other projects as assigned (for example: developing an electronic New Employee Orientation)
Assists the HR Supervisor and HR Advisors with the following tasks:
• Responsible for Recruitment and Selection within assigned area, including position-focused and job fair strategies
• Responsible for recruitment and selection administrative activities such as composing newspaper and on-line ads as required, ensuring advertisements comply with company image and human rights legislation, composing appropriate internal postings, referring to job descriptions and ensuring accuracy of information
• Responsible for new employee orientation ensuring new employee documentation is completed properly and coordinating the New Employee Orientation
• Support HR retention strategies by conducting face to face follow up with new employees and conducting exit interviews
• Assist the HR team with the creation of HR strategic initiatives and assigned HR projects
• Provide information on current benefits package to employees
• Conduct tours as needed
• Assist in putting on Company events, including breakfasts and BBQ’s
||• Business Degree or Diploma with Communications / Marketing Major or one year of related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• Must have experience in Internet, Websites & Social Media
• Must have experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher and Photoshop is an asset
• Must be highly motivated and self-disciplined
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.