Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs, interfaces and applications.
- Develop and maintain custom applications, interfaces and outputs in support of business objectives
- Develop and maintain BI components including data cubes, dashboards and reports as required
- Develop and maintain Corporate websites, web based applications and portals and maintain supporting technologies
- Maintain, revise and update existing programs/interfaces as necessary
- Provide timely and detailed documentation of all processes and procedures relating to supported software, specifically Lawson M3 components and Qlikview.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Certification or degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering with 2-4 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including .Net, Java, SQL
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Experience in using Agile methodology
- Exposure to ERP environments and operating systems, e.g. Lawson M3.
- Exposure to BI tools and techniques. Qlikview experience an advantage
- Computer, communication and interpersonal skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.