Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Financial Systems Accountant / Auditor
||The Financial Systems Accountant reports to the Financial Systems Manager and is responsible for ensuring that processes in the integrated ERP system are functioning financially. Key focus will be ensuring adequate controls and ERP procedures are adhered to throughout the organization, to assure sustainable business operations, integrity of financial statements and meaningful operational statements. The incumbent will focus on operational and financial internal audits to measure compliance with the entity's policies and procedures.
||Error Reporting, Cause & Effect Analysis
Investigate all failed & incorrect entries in ERP financial transactions. Document the root cause, and review with appropriate departments, assist with working through to a solution that solves the problem. Provide a weekly written report on progress of these issues.
Oversight of ERP Financial Corrections
Ensure that results and processes followed by the Junior Accountant are appropriately maintained in the following areas:
- ERP inventory valuation & adjustments
- ERP WIP valuation & adjustments
- Daily M3 transactions (including escalation of issues to Project Team where appropriate)
Monitor open and incomplete Orders (WO, MCO, PO), ensuring that responsible departments are monitored and all processes are completed
ERP system controls
Oversee control of Finance dependent configuration tables, eg. Work order types, item types, etc, control of Approved Customers and Vendor tables (finance portion) and other ERP tables as may be determined from time to time.
Work with the ERP implementation and development team on testing, and roll outs as required.
||• 5+ years of experience working in finance within an industrial or manufacturing environment
• At least 3 years experience in costing, budgeting and contracts management
• Completed recognized accounting program – CMA preferred
• In-depth knowledge of ERP software (preferably Lawson M3), particularly Fin and MRO and MM modules is highly desirable
• Familiar with internal controls and audit procedures
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Logic, critical thinking and solid judgment skills
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Interpersonal communication and teamwork skills, ability to develop relationships and interpret / resolve issues on behalf of the company or the customer
• advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in Word programs is a must
• ability to work independently and provide day to day support to clerical staff
• Positive attitude
• Willing to work to deadlines
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.