Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
||Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Avionics Bench Technician
Responsible for inspection, repairs, replacement of parts, and function test of avionics equipment installed on air transport aircraft.
- Carry out responsible duties in accordance with manufacturers specifications laid out in the relevant publications under limited supervision.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand manufacturers and airline maintenance manuals, schematics, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing down to component level.
- Must be able to apply principles and basic theories of electronic, electrical circuitry, mathematics, testing, and elementary physics.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Provide technical support to departments such as avionics maintenance technicians, engineering support, outside sales, and external bases.
- Completion of associated paperwork and foundation system software (Lawson).
- Understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations, and requirements of aircraft component regulations to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have formal education from a Transport Canada accredited avionics program or completed training from an equivalent governing body.
- Must have 10 or more years experience in component level repair of avionics equipment with excellent troubleshooting and soldering skills.
- Must have familiarization of components from manufacturers such as Gables, Bendix, and Collins including radar, transponders, VOR/ILS receivers, ADF, autoflight, etc.
- Must be familiar with air transport aircraft systems, as well as operations within associated systems.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills a priority.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.