||Communications Assistant, Outstanding Opportunity! 12 month contract
Communications Assistant, Outstanding Opportunity!
12 month contract
Our client, a crown corporation, is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic Communications Assistant to support a major project. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a growing organization and to have your contributions profoundly benefit the company, as well as local residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Assistant is a member of a multidisciplinary communications and community relations team responsible for ensuring Project stakeholders remain well informed. Principle duties will include coordinating communications, record management; ensuring ongoing accessibility to records and information, and coordinating approvals.
In addition, the Communications Assistant will work with the team to generate and distribute communications content, including responding to public inquiries. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with media monitoring, maintaining databases, special projects as required, and general communications and administrative tasks.
This person will:
- Provide support for the Communications Director, including managing their schedule and assisting when/where needed.
- Coordinate communications team approvals.
- Provide general support to the communications team as needed.
- Work with the communications team to generate and distribute communications content.
- Draft and coordinate responses to public inquiries with regard to Tolling and other issues.
- Prepare daily media monitoring report, and assist with corporate media monitoring when required.
- Ensure ongoing accessibility to communications records and information using TRIM and SharePoint.
- Manage the communications page on the intranet site.
- Maintain email subscription database.
- Assist with special projects as required.
This person should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in Business Communication or other related field, or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- One to three years’ of professional or volunteer experience working with the public in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and energetic. Through a combination of education, training and experience, you have developed strong business acumen and the communication skills to professionally manage relationships among personnel in the office, as well as with stakeholders, community leaders, and the general public.
Previous experience with writing for public audiences and social media applications is an asset (provide samples).
Reference ID: 1579-D
In order for your application to be processed efficiently, we encourage you to apply online using the Apply Now! link below.
If you have any questions, please contact Darcia Bower via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value your interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.