Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on "Apply Now!" and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Credentials Officer - Put your Law Degree to work(20 month term)
||Credentials Put your Law Degree to work(20 month term)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic organization that supports work life balance? Our client is looking for enthusiasm and initiative, coupled with exceptional communication and technical skills. You have a proactive approach and superior organizational skills.
The successful candidate will be someone who is professional in demeanor, and who is looking to contribute to a supportive team environment. If you are an accomplished problem-solver who can handle time sensitive and confidential material while juggling multiple and changing priorities, then this may be the job for you.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing written and verbal advice to applicants regarding, admission, reinstatement and ensure to good character and repute and members returning to work
• reviewing and responding to applications and determining ensuring all necessary information has been received
• Preparing memoranda to the Committee including summarizing history of applicants and issues to be resolved, often relating to character, fitness, and whether substantive law and practice skills are current
• Recording meeting minutes,
• Advising applicants of the Committee’s decisions, and the reasons, consequences/options
• Determining the relevant legislation, rules and policies to ensure that only monies that qualify are received into the Unclaimed Fund
• Conducting investigations to locate owner of unclaimed trust funds
• Managing claims to the Fund and deciding whether payment can be made out of the Fund to appropriate persons
• Performing other related duties and participating in special projects as assigned by the Manager
• Completion of a recognized paralegal program or law degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably some in a regulatory environment
• Excellent time management, and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• professional judgment and effective interviewing techniques
• ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Superior Microsoft Office skills and electronic investigative search techniques
Reference ID: 1789-D
In order for your application to be processed efficiently, we encourage you to apply online using the Apply Now! link below.
If you have any questions, please contact either Sarah-Ann McCabe or Darcia Bower via email@example.com.
We value your interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.