Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on "Apply Now!" and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Not for Profit
||FILLED - Administrative Assistant, Communications - Healthcare!
Administrative Assistant, Communications - Healthcare
This professional association is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support their Communications Department and dynamic Executive Director. As the successful candidate you are positive, professional, articulate, approachable, and diplomatic. You are also outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a proven history of managing tight deadlines and coordinating events and presentations. The chosen candidate will enjoy excellent benefits, including 3 weeks’ vacation.
This role will entail creating and editing communications materials for this small but very busy Association. In addition, you will be involved with web updates, agendas, press releases, announcements, conference materials, stakeholder correspondence, proposals, presentations, membership booklets, letters, emails and invitations, all within a MAC environment!
- Reception duties; greet guests, answer phones and assist or direct callers
- E-mail management; review and forward to appropriate party
- Management of multiple calendars
- Boardroom maintenance and management; prepare and disassemble boardroom space as required, ensure supplies are stocked
- Storage room and supplies
- Assist with the bi-monthly newsletter; internal collaboration, research content, create articles, format, graphically design, distribute
- Event support (may require the occasional evening/weekend); checking guests in, coordinating name tags, assisting with material prep and distribution, prize management, etc.
- Database management
- Project assistance; research, document drafting
- General administrative tasks; data entry, filing, meeting minutes, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Previous experience or interest in Healthcare
- Exceptional people skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to research concepts and provide written summaries
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to work well independently
- A stickler for details who insists on thoroughness and maintaining high standards
- Discretion in handling confidential matters
- An individual with top-notch organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Positive and constructive thinking ability
- Experience using the MS Office Suite in MAC environment
- Education in Administration, Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design
- IT knowledge, working knowledge of Apple & Blackberry technologies
- Dictation and minute taking experience
Expert Recruiters Inc.
883 Helmcken Street
"Exceeding expectations...one placement at a time"