If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
||Our client is currently seeking Business Analysts to expand their capacity in line with rapid growth of their financial services product line. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing software specifications for new product features and/or working on system integration and data transformation specifications for client projects.
||• Assist with requirements definition and refinement.
• Write software specifications for solutions targeted for the wealth management industry.
• Apply usability principles and best practices design to specify user interfaces that enhance the end user experience.
• Use your business and technical expertise to design algorithms that will assure the accuracy of financial calculations and offer scalable design solutions.
• Study backoffice data in order to establish the data mapping and transformations needed to load the data into the system.
• Investigate problems independently and through collaboration with development teams, implementation consultants, project managers.
• Liaise with development teams and QA to ensure project objectives are met.
||• University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Economics.
• Strong analytical and software design skills using a structured approach such as use-case analysis.
• Good understanding of security calculation methods including tax lots, corporate actions, transaction posting, portfolio accounting, gains/losses, valuations, accruals, performance.
• Technical skills - SQL, Data Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design.
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
• Financial, brokerage background is preferred. Candidates with a MBA in Finance and/or their CFA are excellent.
• Live within commuting distance to Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
• Ability to liaise with clients to ensure business requirements are properly reflected/configured in the financial modules of the product.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with client BA's.
• Experience writing software specifications.
• Willing to travel.