A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
You will have the opportunity to…
· Support an award winning team of Portfolio Managers
· Calculate the daily Net Asset Valuation in a timely and accurate manner
· Improve existing process to reduce risk and increase efficiencies
· Partner with a seasoned group of Fund Administration professionals.
Key Responsibilities of the Department
· Calculate and report daily net asset value for an assigned group of products/funds;
· Reconcile general ledger to subsidiary ledger;
· Review, update and process transactions related to dividends, interest, corporate actions, equities and bonds, fund shares, and portfolio purchase and sales;
· Reconcile bank statements on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and project the cash portion of certain funds for transmission to portfolio managers;
· Reconcile investment income, related expenses as well as the capital units of the funds;
· Resolve outstanding fund accounting issues quickly and efficiently;
· Review tolerance threshold breaks as outlined in department policy;
· Identify problems and participate in their resolution;
· Assist in the preparation of audit reports;
· Prepare and assist in the preparation of semi-annual and year-end financial statements and audited binders;
· Prepare and assist in the preparation of monthly and year-end tax distribution calculations for assigned mutual funds; and
· Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisors and/or Managers.
Skills and Experience:
· Degree and/or Diploma, preferably with a specialization in Finance and/or Business;
· General knowledge of financial investment principles, procedures and regulations;
· Strong knowledge of MS Office programs (i.e. Excel and Word);
· Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment;
· Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong accounting skills preferred;
· Enrollment in the CGA or CMA program an asset; and
· Completion of CSC or IFIC an asset.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.