Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? If so, click on Apply Now at the bottom of the page and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Our brief online application process consists of six easy steps. You may be asked a few screening questions at the end of the application process. Please be prepared to complete the entire application to ensure we receive all information requested to help us best assess your credentials for our open positions. You will receive an an acknowledgement once you have successfully submitted your application.
If you know someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend by clicking on Tell A Friend.
||Computer Operator Associate
||Regular Full Time
|Company [Job Posting]
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at DundeeWealth
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Report to the Production Services / Data Centre Manager.
- Provide the day-to-day support for printer rooms and deals with interfaces to servers and other computer systems.
- Print reports, cheques, certificates and forms for users;
- Monitor the automated investment system servers and programs such as Charles River Trading, MPower and BI;
- Monitor the computer and printer rooms including overnight system backups;
- Provide daily status reports to management;
- Download, transfer and run reports and files when requested;
- Maintain printers and tracks inventory of printing and printer supplies;
- Monitor overall data centre environment; and
- Initiate regularly scheduled system backups.
Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary education an asset;
- Knowledge of UNIX, PCs and Windows;
- Minimum one year experience in data center operations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with user groups;
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently;
- Ability to analyze problems and select proper corrective action;
- Is dependable and team-oriented;
- Shift work is a requirement for this position- days, evening and nights;
- Ability to see a job through to completion;
- Ability to follow company policies and guidelines;
- Ability to maintain high quality standards without supervision;
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent team player, customer focused and detail-oriented;
- Ability to manage stress in a deadline driven environment; and
- Demonstrates creativity.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.