If you are interested in this job please select "Apply for this Job!" at the bottom of this page. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
Apply for this Job! Tell A Friend
||DESIGN & APPLICATION ENGINEER
|What is in it for you?
||Generate proposals for special and new products that represent an opportunity for the corporation and fall within the corporate strategy and capability. Assist sales with training and customer visits
||Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
• Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
• Modifies or extends written guidelines do not cover all situations and problems.
• Requires many different processes applied to an established function and problem solving unusual circumstances.
• Work with current and prospective sales representatives and customers to establish needs, specifications and possible product modifications for future sales, primarily through telephone contact.
• Review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates for client's use of proposed equipment.
• Informs customers of technological improvements and of the advantages to the customer of using the company's products.
• Propose changes in equipment or use of materials which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
• Provide technical services to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
• Prepare sales quotations and proposals for products, including price and delivery.
• Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Corporate labeled, OEM and competitive products
• Grow business through effective communications with distributors, OEM’s vendors, Customer Service, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Sales and Marketing
• Resolve customer complaints and warranty issues. Handle quality problems that arise in the field in a fair and equitable manner to both the customer and the company.
• Maintain appropriate records as required by sales management and submit required reports regarding market conditions on a regular basis and take part in trade shows as requested by Sales Manager.
||A registered Professional Engineer (BS Engineering) recognized in the Canadian provinces with two to three years of related experience.
Must have prior experience with CRN filings and working with customers on technical applications. Experience with compressed air and gas helpful
• Knowledge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of other industrial equipment.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and delegate work assignments.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
||71k - 80k
|# of Positions