Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
The successful candidate will be a possess a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or currently be enrolled in a Civil Engineering Technology diploma program with a good knowledge of theories, principals and practices of Civil Engineering related to the construction of municipal infrastructure. He/She will have some experience in the construction inspection of municipal infrastructure projects including roads and/or linear infrastructure (water/storm/sanitary) and/or structures.
• Construction contract administration and inspection of the construction of municipal roadworks, including sanitary, storm, water, landscaping, traffic and lighting components
• Supervision and inspection of roadworks, site works, grading and other types of construction work to ensure that procedures and materials comply with plans and specifications will also be required
• Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications
• Examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction
• Assists in monitoring and tracking the contractor's performance in the field and ensuring that the Client or Owner is receiving the end product that was agreed upon in the contract
||A combination of the following skills and experience is required:
• 1-5 years of experience in the inspection and supervision of the construction of civil engineering works
• CET or eligible for registration as a CET in the Province of Ontario; and/or RCJI designation
• Candidates should have good working knowledge of municipal roadworks and site work projects
• An understanding of municipal infrastructure construction principles, construction contract administration, scheduling, and contract law
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Date Requisition Added