Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||We are currently seeking an Urban Planner to join our team in Ottawa.
||The successful candidate will have a combination of the following education and experience:
• University degree in Urban/Regional Planning, Urban Design, Environmental Studies, Geography, or a related field of study
• Familiarity with the application of GIS to planning and knowledge and capability with ESRI GIS software
• 2+ years of experience working in the field of community planning, land use and development, or environmental planning, preferably in Ottawa or eastern Ontario
• Broad based knowledge of a wide variety of community planning issues including urban and rural sustainability, urban design, and urban development
• Experience in managing or pursuing land use planning approvals pursuant to the Planning Act
• Familiarity with and/or interest in environmental assessment, transportation planning, and infrastructure design
• Working knowledge of Planning and Environmental Policy/Legislation/Regulations at all levels of government
• Thorough knowledge of public participation and agency consultation processes
• Excellent analytical, communication (written and oral), interpersonal, organizational skills
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to successfully multi-task
• Bilingual English/French is preferred
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added