Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||The successful candidate for this role will gradually take on significant responsibilities for assisting with project management of a large and diverse monitoring program for surface water, groundwater, wetlands, and private wells for a major new highway. Additional assignments may possibly include transportation impacts, contaminated lands, water balance, supply well design, construction dewatering, drilling programs and pumping tests, as opportunities arise. Broad knowledge of hydrogeological science is essential. You are a fast thinker who can solve problems as they arise in a practical and time-efficient manner. You are comfortable working with people, including internal staff, clients, government managers and the public.
Responsibilities / Roles:
• Plan and coordinate junior to intermediate level staff and materials for conducting a range of field programs and office assignments
• QA/QC of field forms and report products for accuracy and completeness
• Prepare proposal components, including work program design and costs
• Prepare technical maps, graphs, tables and borehole records
• Write reports, proposals, routine emails, and other correspondence
• Occasionally participate in field programs, possibly in adverse weather and challenging terrain
• Analyse and interpret the hydrogeological regime and environmental impacts
• Track field staff adherence to safety protocols
• Telephone or attend meetings with existing and potential clients
• Grow technical and managerial skills to assume higher levels of responsibility
||• Ability to write in a clear, organized, and accurate manner
• University degree in geoscience or engineering with courses in hydrogeology
• 5+ years of progressive experience in environmental consulting
• Registered (or can soon become registered) member of the APGO or PEO
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Applied knowledge of Ontario environmental Acts and Regulations
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and specialized hydrogeological software
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added