Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||Delcan is looking for a recent planning or engineering graduate to work in our transportation division at our Calgary Office. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks, as a member of the transportation planning team in the preparation of the transportation studies, including:
• Providing supporting transportation, traffic and land use analysis
• Conducting site investigations to obtain an understanding of existing conditions, site constraints, and other challenges
• Performing comprehensive demographic and multi-model travel demand forecast
• Preparing letters, technical memorandums, reports, exhibits, graphics, and drawings to clearly present information to internal and external groups, clients, and industry peers
Some activities may involve working as part of a study team in the preparation of pedestrian, cycling, roadway/highway and transit plans; of presentation materials for public engagement processes to support transportation projects; GIS analysis; and intersection layout; Activities may also include working with a team in the preparation of reports, plans, presentation materials and cost estimates for projects of various sizes and complexity.
||Desired Skills and Experience:
• Recognized Bachelor Degree with focus on the transportation planning or traffic engineering field
• Relevant internships / co-op experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel applications
• Knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS and/or traffic engineering software such as Synchro
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary and extremely important. Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate their report writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task while working on many projects at once
• Team player
• Self-motivated and looking to be challenged
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added