Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Project Manager - Property
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||Delcan Corporation is actively searching for a Project Manager – Property that will be responsible for managing the property acquisition for the major transit infrastructure projects to be implemented in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area in conjunction with Municipal and/or Provincial real estate and legal staff. This position will lead the identification of the projects’ property requirements (temporary and permanent); collaborate in the negotiation/expropriation of the necessary property in accordance with the project budget, scope, schedule, and quality assurance requirements. A key responsibility in this role will be to negotiate various complex real estate agreements and lead the execution of property/real estate agreements in conjunction with other parties, involving extensive coordination/liaison with Provincial and Federal agencies, affected property owners, consultants, tenants, legal/planning staff and design consultants.
The Project Manager – Property will also be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of staff responsible for property coordination and for performing various related managerial and administrative functions.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid, applied knowledge of property and real estate issues, negotiation tactics, the expropriation process, valuation of property, business loss analysis and real estate agreements. Knowledge of construction practices would be an asset.
- Possess sound judgment; demonstrate organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities; highly developed interpersonal, negotiation verbal and written communication skills preferably demonstrated in a local or provincial government environment.
- The ability to manage complex tasks in a challenging environment that is schedule driven.
- Post-secondary degree specializing in planning, urban studies, engineering, or public administration and involving a focus on real estate/property matters, or the equivalent, combined with at least 15 years of relevant experience preferably in a property acquisition and/or project infrastructure environment.
- Large scale urban infrastructure project experience would be an asset.
- Registered Professional Planner and/or Project Management Professional designation would also be an asset.
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time