Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||We are seeking an Intermediate level Architect to join our Markham office in the Transportation Group, principally to assist with the design, development and construction administration of a Transit Maintenance Facility in the East End of the GTA. This position mayIA also work on a variety of other transit and municipal infrastructure projects at various stages of the architectural design process.
Job Role & Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of contract documents in CAD with the eventual undertaking of Contract Administration and construction Field Review duties for a Municipal Transit Maintenance Facility project
• Liaise with Design Team Consultants and co-ordinate Consultants’ work packages
• Key responsibilities include representing the Architect on site, coordinating periodic site inspections, attending site meetings, preparing meeting documentation and ensuring contractor resources comply with design specifications.
• Communicating with site managers and contractors to ensure specific project actions needed to accommodate original design modifications. Experience with dealing with emerging site related matters and ability to provide leadership and guidance to the construction team is essential.
• In addition, the successful candidate will be required to contribute to the conceptual and technical design and preparation of presentations, drawing packages, municipal approvals submissions and construction documents on a range of infrastructure projects within the office, and assist with the preparing of Requests for Quotations (RFQ) for new projects
• Bachelor of Architecture / Master of Architecture degree.
• 5+ years professional experience working at all stages in the design and construction of complex buildings (from inception to construction)
• OAA licensure or equivalent provincial with willingness to become OAA licensed
• Outstanding design skills and a sharp, critical eye, with acute attention to detail; ability to take direction and adhere to strict deadlines and standards
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing, developing and coordinating contract documents and document checking; Field review and contract administration experience essential
• Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and the Construction Lien Act
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and MS Office Suite
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added