Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||ITS Systems Engineer - Toronto
||Delcan Corporation is a dynamic multi-disciplinary engineering firm providing systems and infrastructure solutions in three primary areas: Transportation, Water and Information Technology. Since our inception almost 60 years ago, Delcan has contributed our award-winning integrated services to key projects throughout North America and in over 70 countries around the world with outstanding success.
||Delcan is looking for a motivated Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer with strong communication and interpersonal skills who wishes to expand their professional experience and knowledge in this rapidly advancing field. Strong technical skills are preferred with an aptitude for project management, client management and business development skills. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of project work from conceptual design to implementation through the provision of consulting engineering services. You will work with a team of engineers, designers, and CAD operators and will report to the Department Manager.
||The position is in our Markham office.
The experience we are looking for includes:
• Minimum of 1-5 years experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and electrical design in the consulting engineering industry
• Bachelor Degree/Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering (Transportation/Traffic), or related field.
• Professional Engineer, Engineer in Training or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer required
• Experience in preparing reports and proposals and making presentations
• Experience offering a variety of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) services covering all phases of the project cycle, from requirements definition through to design and implementation
• Experience with Traffic Signal Management, Freeway Traffic Management, Traveller Information, Public Transit systems, etc.
• Experience developing preliminary and detailed designs for ITS and roadway illumination projects
• Working knowledge of AutoCad, Microsoft Office and other technical programs
• Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Experience with client/stakeholder management
• Experience working on Ministry of Transportation Ontario ITS projects preferred
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time