Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager of Toronto Transportation Business Unit
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||Reporting to the Division Vice President (DVP), Transportation, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational and financial performance as well as the strategic development of the Toronto Transportation (TT) unit. The business unit’s core services focus on road, highway and surface transit infrastructure, involving feasibility studies, environmental assessments, planning, modelling, design and project management. The TT unit works closely with other units in the Transportation Division as well as the Structures, Water, and Program and Project Management Divisions on most projects.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Overall responsibility for managing and developing the unit’s resources including, operational effectiveness, client relations, business development, contracts and risk management, project performance, staffing and succession planning, and financial management and performance.
• Effectively lead a number of project managers including select staff in a unit comprising approximately 25 staff.
• Promote innovation, develop and implement operational plans in response to strategic objectives of the company, win new work, develop staff talent and guide and manage the performance of the unit personnel, and oversee technical and financial performance of projects to ensure profitable operations.
• Manage select projects and provide technical and project management support to projects as required.
• Maintain high client satisfaction and strong relationships with public agencies, private sector clients and project partner companies and internal stakeholders.
• Work closely with other business unit managers and provide support to the DVP.
• Assess the performance of staff and make recommendations on hiring, promotion and compensation.
• Seek new projects and participate in proactive business development;
• Write proposals, prepare budgets and Carry out projects within an approved budget.
||• 15+ years of progressive technical and management experience in the consulting engineering industry or the transportation public sector.
• University degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineering designation in Ontario
• Strong track record of managing multi-disciplinary staff.
• Proven track record of winning work.
• Strong knowledge of the transportation industry particularly the roads and highways and preferably the urban transit sector.
• Ability to effectively manage diverse and complex tasks, involving a number of complicated variables and competing priorities.
• Strong recognition by clients in area of expertise
• Strong management skills; demonstrated track record with human resource management.
• Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships and represent the organization in a professional manner.
• Recognition amongst professional and technical societies and working committees.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of business and project management techniques and processes, strong grasp of risk management principles and processes, proven experience in project, teaming and staff contracts, and have the leadership qualities, drive and ability to grow a business operation.
• Experience in P3 delivery models a strong asset.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to see the “larger picture”; strategic thinker.
• Client focused and strong sense of service delivery.
• Relevant technical knowledge, an established industry network, and be a recognized name in the Transportation industry.
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added