Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Junior Transportation/Traffic Technologist
|Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
The Transportation Division of the Infrastructure Business, Canada & International Operations Business, provides engineering solutions to all aspects of transportation infrastructure including planning, preliminary design, detail design and construction support for highways, roadways, transit systems and rail.
We are seeking a qualified Junior Technologist (0-5 years of experience), with an interest in the transportation field, to work in our Ottawa office. This position involves work primarily on transportation projects based within the local office, but may also require occasional support on projects both nationally and internationally for other groups. In particular, we are seeking individuals with an interest and solid foundation transportation planning and/or traffic engineering.
Primary functions of the role could include assisting in:
- collecting field data and conducting field investigations;
- preparing transportation studies, including the application of common software analysis packages such as SYNCHRO, SIDRA, PARAMICS, VISSIM, etc.;
- completing warrants for traffic signal control, auxiliary turn lanes, etc.;
- using CAD to assess vehicle turning movement requirements and prepare/modify preliminary and functional design packages; and
- preparing technical memos and reports.
Other opportunities may include participating in multi-disciplinary studies, and consulting on a range of higher-profile infrastructure projects across the Province.
The ideal candidate should:
- have completed a certified Civil Technologist program in Canada;
- possess a valid driver’s license (and have access to a vehicle);
- proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access; and
- strong knowledge of the National Capital Region.
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added