Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Junior HR Coordinator
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||We are currently seeking a Junior Human Resource Coordinator to join our team in our corporate head office in Markham. This position will be reporting to the Human Resources Manager and will support various human resources programs and initiatives across North America. This is a full-time position.
Expectations of this new role include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage the onboarding process for all new employees including offer letters, employee set-up, new hire announcements, orientation presentation and compliance training
- Assist in the promotion of Delcan’s Professional Development program including sourcing new training vendors, arranging Lunch & Learn sessions and organizing the monthly training calendar for Delcan’s global team
- Research and implement policy updates to Delcan’s Health & Safety program to ensure procedures are aligned with federal and provincial legislation. Additionally, this individual will be an active member of the JHSC, participate in monthly workplace inspections and coordinate Health & Safety trainings
- Plan and champion employee engagement events such as Years of Service, Take Our Kids to Work, employee appreciation events, scholarship ceremonies and corporate responsibility initiatives
- Manage the company’s corporate discount program by sourcing new vendor partnerships
- Assist with quarterly metrics and other reporting requirements as needed
- Maintain training records and the skills database for ISO compliance
- Assisting with additional HR projects, as needed.
||The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or a combination of a similar education and experience
- 1 – 2 years of hands-on experience in a range of human resources functions
- Excellent knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Canadian Employment Standards and Health & Safety legislation
- Demonstrated abilities in prioritizing tasks, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator
- Working towards a CHRP designation is a definite asset.
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time