Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Planner to join our team in Ottawa. The successful incumbent will work closely with management on delivering the environmental components of large scale multi-disciplinary projects.
||The successful candidate will have a combination of the following education and experience:
• University degree in Environmental Studies/Sciences, Urban/Regional Planning, or a related field
• Familiarity with the application of GIS to planning and knowledge and capability with ESRI GIS software
• 2+ years of experience working in the field of environmental assessment and planning
• Broad based knowledge of a wide variety of environmental disciplines and technical aspects including current environmental issues
• Working knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Municipal Planning and Environmental Policy/Legislation/Regulations
• Thorough knowledge of public participation and agency consultation processes
• Ability to resolve complex and controversial agency/public issues
• Demonstrated experience preparing and contributing to the preparation of environmental assessment and planning documents
• Excellent analytical, communication(written and oral), interpersonal, organizational skills
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to successfully multi-task
• Bilingual English/French preferred
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added