Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Founded in 1953, Delcan is a multidisciplinary, engineering, planning, management and technology firm that provides systems and infrastructure solutions within the Rail and Transit, Roads and Highways, Structures, Water, Freight and ITS markets. As an award-winning company, Delcan has successfully contributed to key projects in more than 70 countries.
||The Municipal Engineer will be involved in upcoming work that includes sub-watershed studies, municipal class environmental assessments for stormwater management and drainage works, wetland design, channel and creek remediation, and regional stormwater management facilities.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering;
- 8+ years in the planning and design of municipal infrastructure from a Municipal and Land Development background in consulting with a focus on open channels, SWMFs and Subwatershed Studies;
- P.Eng. Designation in Ontario or the ability to become registered within the next six months;
- Excellent working knowledge of municipal infrastructure planning principles, system analysis, hydraulic calculations, site grading, and surface and underground drainage design is required;
- Ability to create conceptual layouts/preliminary design and detailed design of drainage and stormwater management facilities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experienced in the preparation of project proposals including fee, cost and resource estimates.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain client relationships and manage client expectations;
- Construction administration and construction supervision experience within large infrastructure projects;
- Project coordination including review and management of sub-consultants and review of work of junior staff;
- Knowledge of Municipal Class Environmental Assessment processes, documentation and presentation materials, including: field data collection and municipal infrastructure, geotechnical, hydrogeological, ecological and geomorphological investigations, and analysis of water, sanitary, stormwater management systems performance; and
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Microstation, GIS software and hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software including XP SWMM and HEC-RAS. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project and Visual Basic.
|Compensation and Benefits
Delcan offers industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Regular Full Time
|Date Requisition Added
|Date Requisition Ends