||GIS Project Manager/ Practice Lead
Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Critigen is seeking a strong GIS Professional Candidate split time between our Hampton Roads Office in Newport News, VA and our Virginia Beach Office. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of GIS Applications, Hardware and Software Architecture, GIS Data Management, and Project Management. Experience in the water/wastewater industry is preferred. Additionally, this is a leadership position and staff management will be required.
- Education: BA/BS in Geography, GIS, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering, Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 8-10
- Thorough knowledge of GIS science and general knowledge of complimentary subject matter areas
- Deep technical understanding of server infrastructure, GIS Data Models, and Enterprise Work Groups.
- Experience in Asset Management Software implementation and Data Management.
- Communicate thoughts, ideas, and information of a technical nature in a logical, organized, coherent and persuasive manner
- Demonstrates personal leadership and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment to successfully deliver quality projects
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays responsible positive behaviors for consistency, predictability and reliability at work to complete assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of GIS concepts with the ability to present analytical alternatives and develop geospatial solutions
- Applied experience with Esri software, specifically the ArcGIS suite (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcToolbox)
- Strong cartographic/data management skills are required to perform job duties
- Applied experience working with sql server, python scripting, ArcGIS server and Mobile Technologies.
- Software development skills
- Domain experience working in the utility, environmental, planning, or transportation industries
- GISP and Esri Certification(s)
- Positive/can-do attitude; customer focused; critical thinker & problem solver; strong organizational, communication and writing skills; ability to network and build relationships; personal leadership & team player
- Ability to travel locally between Newport News and Virginia Beach.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer