Critigen, LLC is a global leader in geospatial technology consulting with over 25 years of A/E/C experience delivering industry-leading, business driven GIS solutions and services to companies, utilities, municipalities, state agencies and the Federal government. Critigen specializes in Enterprise & Cloud GIS, ArcGIS Web & Mobile Solutions, Data Management, Surveying and Mapping.
Critigen is looking for a GIS Analyst with cartographic, data management and analytical skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing GIS support to a wide range of environmental, planning and engineering disciplines. Applicants must have good communications skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time and within budget. This position is located in Chantilly, VA and the ability to telework is optional.
Education: BA/BS in Geography, GIS, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering or related field
Years of Experience: 2-5
- Thorough knowledge of GIS science and basic knowledge of complimentary subject matter areas.
- Understands the basic objectives of the subject area and related regulatory and/or industry requirements
- Communicate thoughts, ideas, and information of a technical nature in a logical, organized, coherent and persuasive manner
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment to successfully deliver quality projects
- Demonstrates the initiative in seeking out work, new responsibilities and work challenges.
- Displays responsible positive behaviors for consistency, predictability and reliability at work to complete assignments and meet deadlines
- Commensurate experience working with Esri software, specifically the ArcGIS suite (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcToolbox)
- Outgoing with good communication skills and a positive attitude with the ability to interface directly with clients and work independently
- Strong cartographic/data management skills are required to perform job duties
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Applied experience working with MS Excel and MS Access to analyze data and develop custom searches/reports
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation software is a plus
- Field data collection experience using Trimble GPS software/equipment is a plus
- Domain experience working in the utility, oil & gas pipeline, environmental, planning, water resources or transportation industries
Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Soft Skills: Positive/can-do attitude; customer focused; critical thinker & problem solver; strong organizational, communication and writing skills; ability to network and build relationships; personal leadership & team player
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer