Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Mid-Level GIS Analyst
|# of openings
Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Critigen is seeking a mid-level GIS Analyst and a team player with experience supporting geospatial solutions in support of military facilities, infrastructure, environment, and asset management missions to improve client and customer business decisions and processes. This position requires an individual with excellent GIS communications skills that can support different subject matter experts and junior GIS staff in many different disciplines - facility and installation management, utility data collection, transportation GIS, and environmental data management. Requires experience with Trimble map grade GPS equipment. Experience with field data collection, post processing and analysis specifically in regards to the Esri ArcGIS and Trimble software suite of products. The ideal candidate should be experienced with ArcGIS server processing, production, quality assurance and quality control in regards to project deliverables. Experience with Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) is desired.
This position requires daily interaction with the GIS Program Manager, Team Leader, other GIS staff and subject matter experts in regards to installation management. Will provide support to GPS field data collection efforts to collect installation assets. Support GIS production schedules and different aspects of project deliverables, including data analysis, data editing, visual analysis, written reports, map production and quality assurance of program GIS holdings. Work with SME (Subject Matter Experts) to facilitate best practices as it relates to utility, environmental, transportation or other installation mission data sets. Works with Program and Project Managers to ensure overall program success. Ensures installation data meets program and technical requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Cartography, Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience in GIS as a cartographer, analyst, editor, or similar duties.
- Experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection; field data collection methods, survey techniques and knowledge of accuracy standards.
- Experienced user of ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite, including at least two years of experience working in an ArcGIS server environment: particularly with ArcSDE and/or ArcGIS Server.
- Functional working knowledge of Trimble GeoXH handheld data collection systems
- The ability to post process GPS data collected by field survey teams
- Perform database design and maintain existing solutions – work with database team to meet requirements.
- Develop and work with relational and spatial databases
- Assist in basic IT functions when required, software maintenance, and basic troubleshooting
- Inclusive knowledge of GIS data development, editing and quality control procedures
- Able and willing to perform fieldwork and travel via military transportation.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other GIS staff members on assigned task
- Provide sound technical expertise and insight to GIS Program Manager
- Will be responsible for GIS data quality assurance and quality control
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the implementation of the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE).
- Experience with Esri Software Applications and spatial analysis including; geometric network, spatial, and 3D analysis.
- Experience working with transportation GIS, ZIP Code, FIP or addressing systems
- United States citizen and have U. S. driver’s license
- Good communication and presentation skills - verbal, oral and written
- Experience with GEOFidelis or other DOD GIS programs (GeoBase, Army IGI&S, GEOReadiness)
- GIS Professional GISP Certification
- Certification: CompTIA Security+ certification or the ability to obtain certification
- Previous DoD or military experience
- Experience converting CAD or legacy map data into GIS
- Preferred Japanese Language Proficiency: Intermediate
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer