Apply Now Tell a Friend
||End User Services Support Manager
|# of openings
Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
This position is responsible for the support and management of the Critigen Enterprise Desktop Services Team and the delivery of desktop technologies for the Microsoft desktop platforms (OS and applications). The Desktop Manager will ensure that appropriate tools, technologies, standards and resources are being utilized to meet client and business needs of the organization. This individual will interface directly with multiple teams and departments and must be able to foster good communication, interpersonal relations, and the exchange of information. The individual must demonstrate exceptional initiative and organizational skills in order to manage the multiple priorities and wide variety of administrative responsibilities of this position. This individual will also foster cross training of the team and continue to develop each individual to achieve their highest potential.
Years of Experience: Has had at least 3 years experience in managing technical teams responsible for the deployment and support of Desktops and peripherals at large organizations.
- The Desktop Manager will participate in the strategy recommendation, design and implementation of the Enterprise Desktop environment and corresponding policy development in order to meet current and future business for the entire Enterprise.
- Can demonstrate the use of KPI’s to drive business value improvements through the rigor of metrics.
- Exhibits exceptional customer interaction and skill to overcome challenging situations.
- Ensure the integrity of the desktop experience provided to all internal users.
- Enforce the integrity of the policies and access rights provided to internal users related to desktop support.
- Provide efficient, high quality support services to ensure timely response to queries, reports of problems, submitted tickets, and the reporting/escalation of issues related to the desktop environment.
- Act as a peer leader to help train Desktop Strategy staff and provide cross training.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex problems and conflicts.
- Serve as a technical liaison with project teams within the scope of the project or specialization.
- Experience with Asset Management and inventory tracking.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Support staff.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline within company guidelines.
- Proven experience managing the development, testing, and delivery of end user Desktop technologies in a highly available production environment consisting of 2,000 plus users
- Experience with creation and implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices that govern the support and delivery of systems in large organizations
- Understand the current and future Desktop operating systems and services that would be used in large organizations and back office environments Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification is not required but preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required, Local Work Hours/ Shifts: M-F, 8am-5pm and additional hours as necessary to perform job duties.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer