Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Critigen is looking for a GIS Developer to become part of our Spatial Development team. The GIS developer will work at various locations within New York City and be responsible for developing and deploying, web & mobile mapping applications built using Java and open source technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and OGC standard WFS and WMS implementations such as Geoserver; Additionally, the candidate will oversee both front-end and back-end development, as well as unit and performance testing and managing special technology projects and initiatives as assigned.
Additionally the spatial developer will be responsible for delivering projects and tasks on time and within budget. Successful candidates must have the ability to create original solutions to address complex business and information technology challenges. The spatial developer is expected to follow a structured software development lifecycle methodology and apply software development best practices when delivering projects. Working with the various business groups, project teams and clients, the GIS developer will assist in developing proposals, statements of work, budgets, requirements, and schedules for GIS projects and tasks.
- BA/BS and
- Minimum of 8 years experience with writing application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions; environments include but are not limited to mainframe, mid range, personal computers, laptop; available to assist and/or lead in the design of program specifications and the implementation of software solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience with Esri ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, and ArcObjects development. Experience with current release (ArcGIS Server 10) a plus.
- 4+ years Java development; strong object oriented design (OOD) skills;
- Understanding of MVC architecture;
- Experience and proficiency with developer-written unit tests;
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and techniques;
- Experience developing SOAP and REST web services;
- Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL, including database design;
- Ability to work within a development team utilizing tools such as Eclipse, Subversion and Maven;
- Ability to manage the software lifecycle through development, testing, staging and production deployment to standard servlet containers such as Tomcat and Sun Java System Web Server;
- Understanding of spatially enabled RDBMS such as Oracle Spatial (SDO), PostGIS, etc.;
- Experience programming with OGC WMS and WFS APIs;
- Experience with the GeoServer and GeoWebCache;
- Experience with web mapping APIs like OpenLayers, Google Maps, Leaflet;
- Load testing of software using LoadRunner; and the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer