Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA
|# of openings
Critigen, LLC is a global leader in geospatial technology consulting with over 25 years of A/E/C experience delivering industry-leading, business driven GIS solutions and services to companies, utilities, municipalities, state agencies and the Federal government. Critigen specializes in Enterprise & Cloud GIS, ArcGIS Web & Mobile Solutions, Data Management, Surveying and Mapping.
Location: Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA
Critigen is looking for a EAM/GIS Consultant that is a high-level technical expert in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of moderately complex enterprise GIS solutions. In addition to serving as a technical lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining, estimating, and managing medium sized projects for a wide range of environmental, planning and engineering disciplines. Applicants must have good communications skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time and within budget. Come join our community of GIS professionals to develop innovative geospatial approaches and solutions to complex subject areas.
Education: BA/BS in Geography, GIS, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering or related field
Years of Experience: 7-10
- Deep knowledge of GIS science and general knowledge of complimentary subject matter areas
- Understands the objectives of the subject area and related regulatory and/or industry requirements
- Communicate thoughts, ideas, and information of a technical nature in a logical, organized, coherent and persuasive manner
- Demonstrates leadership qualities in the managing and delivery of GIS projects
- Ability to clearly define, estimate and write specific task scope language
- Commensurate experience working with Esri software, specifically the ArcGIS Desktop suite (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcToolbox, ArcScene, ArcGlobe) and ArcGIS Server
- Utilizes effective teamwork skills to achieve project goals, solve problems and manage conflict
- Basic knowledge of business process analysis and gathering requirements
- Strong domain experience working with enterprise GIS for water utilities (water/wastewater/stormwater) as well as energy utilities (gas/oil/electric) including the development of geodatabases and geometric networks
- Working knowledge of asset management concepts and applications including risk-based asset characterization and the integration of GIS with asset management applications such as Cityworks, Maximo, Lucity, etc.
- Familiar with the basics of project management including managing client expectations, quality, scope, schedule and budget
- GISP, Esri and CAPM Certification(s)
Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Soft Skills: Positive/can-do attitude; customer focused; critical thinker & problem solver; strong organizational, communication and writing skills; ability to network and build relationships; personal leadership & team player
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer