Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Our database management team is growing and we are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented Database Analyst 2 to support our data management projects worldwide. The Database Analyst 2 will be an integral part of our team that manages data from many sources, oversee and perform data uploads, code development used to automate uploading and analysis, make corrections to the data as well database structure, ensure consistency and communicate with internal and external data users/sources.
The Database Analyst 2 will also work with project teams to define data management strategies and develop detail specifications. Set up internal procedures to insure the database meets project needs and the appropriate level of quality assurance is defined and performed. The ideal candidate must have the competency to work in all project phases of environmental data and client/server relational database management and have attributes to become a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile and has a service mentality).
Education: BS in computer science, science or experience in lieu of degree
Years of Experience: Seven or more years of experience in consulting in Engineering or IT related field
- Experience in Microsoft Access and the Microsoft Office package
- Microsoft SQL database design and Transact-SQL experience with emphasis on development of stored procedures.
- Good presentation skills to help with business development.
- Development of QA procedures related to data collection activities and reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge in database analytical methods, validation checks, statistical method and database maintenance procedures.
- Ensures quality delivery by utilizing processes and procedures to meet client’s requirements.
- Understands the role and functional purpose of other departments and the client’s role in the data management process.
- Acts as a liaison with all internal and external departments to ensure client satisfaction.
- Expertise in chemistry analytical methods; environmental data soil, groundwater and air sample collection and analysis.
- Development of standard operating procedures related to data collection and reporting activities.
- Experience in the use of EarthSoft EQuIs applications including Enterprise, EDP, Professional, Sample Planning module and the development of Enterprise Build Reports is highly desired.
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadline pressure while being detail-oriented.
Travel Requirements - Estimated 15% -
Please Note: This description provides general information about the functions and principal duties of the job. It is not a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer