1A Med/Surgical offers you the opportunity to provide a safe environment and quality patient care to a varied surgical population including surgical oncology, gynaecology, and general medicine floor.
1A is a 45 bed unit with 12 medicine beds and 33 beds are allocated to surgery, we provide care to such a diverse group of surgical patients, this unit gives the motivated RN opportunity to learn new skills and expand their knowledge of peri-operative nursing. The staff is proud of their commitment to on-going education and in their use of evidenced-based practice.
1A Med/Surgical has a strong interdisciplinary team including RN’s, RPN’s as well as a full Allied Health team to offer our patients and their families quality care. Come and join this great team!
- Graduate of a recognized College of School of Nursing and preferably hold a Baccalaureate degree
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Current BCLS
- A physical assessment course preferred
- 2 – 4 years recent experience with inpatient medical/surgical population required
- Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
- Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
- Computer literacy required
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
- Candidates must be able to work 12 hour day/night shift rotation.
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.