The Unit Coordinating Assistant will be responsible for working collaboratively, within a multidisciplinary team to coordinate the activities of a fast paced unit reception area and nursing work stations. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively within a team, and also be self directed and work independently. A strong commitment to valuing diversity, patient and family centered care, and patient/community relations is required.
- Maintaining positive working relationship with clients/families and interprofessional healthcare team
- Maintaining confidentiality of client information
- Clerical duties including: status updates (Critical), admission, transfer and discharge routines, order entry, retrieval of test results, and efficient response with telephone communications, booking appointments and ordering supplies
- Completing computerized templates and payroll
- Applicants must have a Grade 12 diploma.
- A related post secondary diploma in medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is preferred.
- Candidates must have a typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency in using Meditech module is preferred.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required.
- Flexibility to assume additional related roles as required.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca