The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Registered Practical Nurse - Rehab/Complex Continuing Care
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge, experience, and the ability to care for patients with the following: initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, administration of medication above the drip chamber, blood and blood product administration, patient controlled analgesia, central venous access devices, blood glucose monitoring, naso-gastric tubes, wound management skills, skin care, foot care, routine infection control practices, normal and abnormal blood values.
- Candidate will be a diploma graduate of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent (i.e., certificate RPN with added courses in medication administration, phlebotomy, and health assessment)
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Current BCLS
- A physical assessment course required
- Recent experience with inpatient medical/surgical and inpatient rehab populations required
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
- Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
Salary rate - 24.8371 - $28.2612
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hosptial and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted