Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Risk Specialist - Quality, Performance and Risk Management
||Quality Performance & Risk Management
||Quality, Research & Innovation
Reporting to the Director, the Risk Specialist, through expert knowledge and facilitation skills, assists in the implementation of the enterprise risk management framework and emergency preparedness plan in collaboration with corporate and program teams.This position will also provide leadership and change management expertise to internal and external partners for the support of risk management activities including risk assessment, incident reporting, claims management and planned service interruptions. The successful candidate will be required to travel to all three sites.
- Graduate of a related health care profession, Baccalaureate prepared
- Masters preferred
- Registration with a professional college of Ontario, preferably clinical healthcare background
- 5 years clinical experience or equivalent healthcare system exposure
- Working knowledge of patient safety and risk management processes
- Demonstrated knowledge in critical incident reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge in claims management & working knowledge of health law
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in change management practice and process redesign
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to facilitate teamwork, collaboration and partnership
- A sound understanding of ERM principles and philosophy
- Knowledge of Accreditation Canada standards and processes
- Working knowledge of emergency preparedness practices
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Proven ability to persuade and motivate others
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Professional - Support Service