1A Med/Surgical offers you the opportunity to provide a safe environment and quality patient care to a varied surgical population including surgical oncology, gynaecology, and general medicine floor.
1A is a 45 bed unit with 12 medicine beds and 33 beds are allocated to surgery, we provide care to such a diverse group of surgical patients, this unit gives the motivated RN opportunity to learn new skills and expand their knowledge of peri-operative nursing. The staff is proud of their commitment to on-going education and in their use of evidenced-based practice.
1A Med/Surgical has a strong interdisciplinary team including RN’s, RPN’s as well as a full Allied Health team to offer our patients and their families quality care. Come and join this great team!
· Candidate will be a diploma graduate of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent (i.e., certificate RPN with added courses in medication administration, phlebotomy, and health assessment)
· Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
· Current BCLS
· A physical assessment course preferred
· Recent experience with inpatient medical/surgical population required
· Demonstrates knowledge, experience and the ability to care for patients with the following: initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, administration of medication above the drip chamber, patient controlled analgesia, central venous access devices, blood glucose monitoring, naso-gastric tubes, wound management skills, skin care, foot care, routine infection control practices, normal and abnormal blood values
· Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
· Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
· Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
· Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
· Computer literacy required
· Satisfactory attendance and performance required
Salary Rate - $24.8371 - $28.2612
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.