Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Unit Coordinating Assistant - Endoscopy Clinic
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts
Position: Unit Coordinating Assistant
HRD #: 130755
Dept: Endoscopy Clinic
Posted: November 14, 2013
Internal Deadline: November 21, 2013
The Unit Coordinating Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of a fast paced patient care station in relation to communication, administration and coordination of required supplies. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and patient/family centered care.
- Facilitating appropriate action on patient information including maintaining client charts, compiling health record on discharge, ensuring presence of the appropriate signatures, and obtaining health records from previous admissions as necessary
- Transcribing physician orders and completes requisitions via computer or manually
- Requesting/arranging appointments and transportation for client referrals or requests
- Maintaining confidentiality of client information
- Maintaining smooth, positive working relationships with visitors, unit staff, hospital staff and physicians
- Grade 12 diploma
- A related College Diploma in medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is required
- Previous experience in an out-patient setting is an asset
- Proficiency in using Meditech module is required
- Candidates must have a typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with attention to detail (accuracy)
- Availability for all shifts required
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted