Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Credit Valley Hospital
||Clinical Educator - Primary Care/Rehab/CCC/Seniors' Services
||Temporary Full Time
|# of Positions
||Primary Care, Rehab, CCC & Seniors Services
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts
Working collaboratively with other Clinical Educators across the organization and within the Primary Care, Rehab, Complex Continuing Care & Seniors’ Services programs the Clinical Educator for 1D/1E Rehab/Complex Continuing Care will be responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation of orientation and other educational programs for nursing staff on these units. In addition to assisting the program manager with staff recruitment processes and performance assessments, the Clinical Educator will be responsible for the initial training and development of all new nursing staff and will actively participate in the broader corporate training initiatives across the organization.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- BScN is required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in Geriatrics, Rehabilitation, Complex Continuing Care and Medicine preferred
- Advanced preparation in educational strategies and/or adult education is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills – both oral and written
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide feedback while fostering a positive work culture
- Ability to resolve conflict respectfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Previous experience in developing preceptorship programs, performance improvement plans, evaluation of teaching methods and in reviewing research pertinent to the respective clinical area(s) an asset
- Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs in emergency situations
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Participation in one or more professional associations
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Commitment to evidence-based practice and quality improvement
- Positive attendance and work record essential
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||Nursing - Non union