Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Cancer Care Ontario, you will be involved in the management of the Regional Cancer Program, specifically in ensuring that the performance targets set forth by Cancer Care Ontario are monitored and adhered to and be involved in the distribution of funds designated by Cancer Care Ontario for the establishment of quality initiatives. Along with the Regional Vice President, you will implement the goals and strategic priorities of the Ontario Cancer Plan III.
In addition, as a member of our management team at Trillium Health Partners you will be, the Program Director, for the Integrated Cancer Program. As such, you will be accountable for the quality of all aspects of patient care within the Oncology Programand the efficient utilization of hospital resources within the program.In this capacity,you will work in partnership withthe Medical Director of the Oncology program to meet these goals and be accountable to the Vice President of Clinical Services, Oncology.
· Master’s degree in business or health related field and/or professional experience in health discipline and/or combination of related work experience
· Exceptional business management skills (strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation and analytics)
· Well developed leadership and management skills deeply rooted in teamwork and mutual support
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
· Strong conceptual skills; systems thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Strong ability to link strategic direction to front-line programs
· Superior analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team
· Highly effective coaching and mentoring skills
· Capacity to thrive in a multi-disciplined, diverse environment
· Lead, develop and manage program safety and quality, day to day operations of the integrated Cancer Program and organization and direction of the integrated Region Cancer Program.
· With respect to the Integrated Cancer Program, deliver overall programs in collaboration with the Program Medical Director in accordance with goals of the organization
· Promote a positive climate, resolving conflict, and creating alignment within and across internal/external partners & stakeholders
· Develop, implement and evaluate program quality plans that are interdisciplinary and focused on patient outcomes
· In collaboration with the Regional Vice President, overseethe fiscal operational and patient care activities of the programs, the distribution of money from Cancer Care Ontario as it is directed to quality initiatives in the Regional Program, and the distribution of cancer surgery, agreement funds and Regional Systemic Therapy funds and other quality initiatives set forth by Cancer Care Ontario.
· Manage human resources effectively and provide ongoing performance feedback and evaluation
· Oversee the development, maintenance and continuous improvement programs of clinical practice standards and compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements
· Monitor budget statements and provide projections, variance analyses and recovery plans as needed
· Participate on external committees and represent Trillium Health Partners at professional organizations and agencies as necessary.