Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Laboratory Medicine & Genetics
The Regional Genetics program at Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley Hospital (CVH) consists of both clinical and laboratory genetic services. Specialists include clinical geneticists (physicians), laboratory geneticists (PhD), genetic counselors (MSc) and technologists (MLT) with subspecialty training in cytogenetic, molecular genetics or both.
The CVH Genetics Laboratory is completely integrated and is responsible for molecular, molecular pathology, cytogenetic and microarray testing of a very broad range of specimen types. In 2012, over 9,000 genetic specimens were processed and reported by the CVH Genetics Laboratory. The laboratory is located in a bright, new spacious facility with state of the art equipment.
- Reviews laboratory results and interprets data in the context of clinical patient data
- Uses computer resources effectively to design patient-specific genetic experiments
- Researches current medical literature thoroughly to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Is accountable for quality assurance, test development and method validation
- Provides guidance and direction to laboratory staff
- Liaises with referring clinicians as needed
- Collaborates with other regional clinical and laboratory geneticists
- Maintains medical knowledge through continuing education (rounds, journal clubs and scientific meetings)
- PhD or MD demonstrating expertise in clinical cytogenetics and/or clinical molecular genetics
- Regular Member of the Canadian College of Medical Genetics or the American College of Genetics and Genomics
- Dual certification in molecular genetics and cytogenetics is a considered a plus
- Experience in advanced genetic laboratory applications (such as real-time PCR, array technologies, next generation sequencing)
- Excellence in oral and written communication
- Proficiency in critical thinking, problem solving and organization
- Proficiency with online resources such as UCSC browser; DGV; OMIM
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted