Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Registered Practical Nurse - 1A Medical Surgical
1A Med/Surgical offers you the opportunity to provide a safe environment and quality patient care to a varied surgical population including surgical oncology, gynaecology, and general medicine floor.
1A is a 45 bed unit with 12 medicine beds and 33 beds are allocated to surgery, we provide care to such a diverse group of surgical patients, this unit gives the motivated RN opportunity to learn new skills and expand their knowledge of peri-operative nursing. The staff is proud of their commitment to on-going education and in their use of evidenced-based practice.
1A Med/Surgical has a strong interdisciplinary team including RN’s, RPN’s as well as a full Allied Health team to offer our patients and their families quality care. Come and join this great team!
- Candidate will be a diploma graduate of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent (i.e., certificate RPN with added courses in medication administration, phlebotomy, and health assessment)
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Current BCLS
- A physical assessment course preferred
- Recent experience with inpatient medical/surgical population required
- Demonstrates knowledge, experience and the ability to care for patients with the following: initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, administration of medication above the drip chamber, patient controlled analgesia, central venous access devices, blood glucose monitoring, naso-gastric tubes, wound management skills, skin care, foot care, routine infection control practices, normal and abnormal blood values
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
- Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
- Computer literacy required
Salary Rate - $25.0909 - $28.5500
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted