Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Electronics Technologist - PRCC Physics
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGIST- MEDICAL LINEAR ACCELERATORS
- Assess equipment malfunctions, troubleshoot and repair complex systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Maintain accurate service records.
- Provide on-call/ emergency coverage for treatments after-hours.
- Work after-hours or on weekends when necessary.
- Design, construct and repair specialized equipment for the Physics Dept.
- Maintain equipment and inventory in the electronics lab.
- Attend training courses for new equipment, maintain on-going technical education.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Requires successful completion of a 3 year Community College level program in the electronics or electro-mechanical field.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics is an asset.
- Experience with high voltage, high vacuum, high power microwaves, radiation, electronic control systems, computers, robotics and microprocessor-based controllers is an asset.
- Previous experience with linear accelerators, x-ray machines, teletherapy and brachytherapy equipment is an asset.
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply. This is a very challenging technical position. Training will be provided. You must have some previous job experience in electronics or mechanical engineering to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted