The successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine tests and procedures within the Hematology and Transfusion Medicine departments of the laboratory.
· Must be a graduate of a recognized program for Medical Laboratory Technologists
· Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (C.M.L.T.O)
· Experience and demonstrated understanding of quality assurance and good laboratory practice
· Effective analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrates high degree of initiative and self direction
· Excellent organizational skills
· Participation in continuing education
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a Transfusion Medicine laboratory preferred
· Candidate must be available for all shifts including; days, evenings, nights, and weekends
· Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.