Reporting to the Patient Care Manager of the Eating Disorders Program, the Registered Nurse is an integral member of the Inter-professional team. The principle responsibilities include providing nursing care to patients with complex medical and psychiatric needs, administrating and monitoring psycho-tropic medications, supervising patient meals, and reviewing weekly eating diaries. The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for the treatment of patients in the Inpatient (on weekends) and Day Hospital (on weekdays) Eating Disorders Program.
- Graduate of a recognized College or School of Nursing
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Current certification or eligibility for Certification of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- At least one year experience working with individuals with anorexia nervosa and or bulimia nervosa in an inpatient and or day hospital program preferred
- Ability to work as an independent practitioner
- Experience working effectively with mental health multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to provide a variety of tasks as required for the smooth functioning of the Eating Disorders Program
- Ability to support a model of normalized eating behaviour is essential
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management and critical thinking skills
- Satisfactory performance and attendance record required
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.