Education and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- A related College Diploma, knowledge of medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is required
- Knowledge of the CVH policies/procedures/guidelines and the recommended Provincial Standards for the Patient Registration and Scheduling
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated knowledge of the CVH Patient/Family Centered model of care and Code of Conduct.
- Typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- One year experience in a fast paced Health Care Clinic: transcribing/processing Physician orders, filing reports, compiling statistical information, faxing etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to complete the day to day clerical functions of a diverse clinical setting in order to maximize the PRCC Health Team’s ability to provide patient/family centered care (reception, registration, ordering supplies, processing patient record/orders, compiling and reconciling data, scheduling appointments/diagnostics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with attention to detail (accuracy).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with of the following Meditech Modules: Admissions, MM, PCI, CWS, OE/OM, Payroll and Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience and proven ability to support the oncology patient population is an asset.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.