The Credit Valley Hospital Diabetes Care Centre provides comprehensive health education and counseling services to inpatient and outpatient individuals with diabetes and their families. Our goal is to enable individuals to manage their diabetes to the full extent of their abilities. We provide services for Pediatric, Gestational, Type I and Complex Type II patients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and the evaluation of patients referred to the Diabetes Care Centre. The chosen candidate will function as a member of the Diabetes Health Care Team, and will participate in offering our patients and their families’ quality care. Come join this great team!
· Certified Diabetes Educator an asset
· BScN preferred
· Minimum 2 year’s experience in counselling complex clients with diabetes on an individual and group basis
· Knowledge of pediatric and renal patients with diabetes an asset
· Knowledge and examples of application of principles of adult education
· Membership in the Diabetes Educator Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association preferred
· Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Proficiency in computer and keyboarding skills required
· Reliable, flexible, creative professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team approach required
· Additional language an asset
· Positive attendance and work record essential
· Member in good standing with College of Nurses
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form with your resume to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.