The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
Position: Director of Finance, Strategy & Administration
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Dept: The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation
Reports to: Vice President, Community Partnership & COO
Posted: Monday October 15, 2012
Internal Deadline: Friday November 2, 2012
About The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation
The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation plays a vital role in fundraising for the health care needs of the community and the continued success of The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre. We are also proud partners with our sister Foundation, Trillium Health Centre Foundation. Since 1980, the Foundation’s mandate has been to fundraise the annual capital costs of the hospital, as well as any equipment costs. With a number of expansion and renovation projects underway, this is an exciting time to be a part of a dynamic and successful fundraising team.
Scope and Summary of Primary Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Finance, Strategy & Administration models the highest ethical professional standards through behaviours displaying integrity, a strong work ethic and adherence to the policies and vision of The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation. The Director is a manager, a leader, and a partner – building strong relationships with team members, colleagues, donors, prospective donors and volunteers that lead to high professional regard and relationships of mutual trust and respect. This team leader is a member of the Senior Management Team, and will be a driver in the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, ensuring stability in the administration of the Foundation’s activities, and solid financial management of the Foundation’s assets.
The Director holds primary accountability for the safekeeping of all Foundation assets including audit, accounting, investments, donations, and administration. This role also holds full accountability for planning & budgeting, human resource management, information systems, and Governance procedures. Finally, this leader will be a driving force in the creation of a strategy management and metrics initiative in partnership with the Vice President & Chief Operating Officer.
A summary of the core accountabilities of the Director are as follows:
- Safekeeping of all Foundation assets:
- Design and prepare all financial reports for use by the Board of Directors, Finance & Audit Committee, Senior Management Team, and donors/community members as required
- Design, implement, maintain & record all entries, operate & manage the General Ledger (including Chart of Accounts), and oversight of annual audit activities
- Full accountability for donation administration including gift processing, tracking, tax receipting, insurance policy management, etc.
- Prepare and reconcile all bank accounts, accounts payable systems, Annual Tax Returns, HST rebate claims, and hospital transfers
- Manage and supervise all accounting activities including internal controls and financial framework for the donor database
- Oversight of the investment portfolio for the capital, annual, and endowment funds. Partner with the Foundation’s Finance Advisors, Finance & Audit Committee, Board, and the bank to ensure safeguarding of the Foundation’s financial assets.
- Accountable to stay current on a CRA rules & regulations for Foundations
- Strategic Planning & Budget leadership:
- Partner with the VP & COO to lead annual business planning activities, including documentation of the strategic plan
- Prepare and execute annual & long term operating budgets
- Creation of a strategy management and metrics program to better use the Foundation’s information to monitor progress and drive enhanced decision making
- Coordination of program scorecards for monthly and quarterly reviews
- Human Resource Management:
- With the support of the Hospital HR department, accountable for management of HR activities for the Foundation including payroll, vacation tracking, confidential agreements, on-boarding, performance management tracking, etc.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook & Resource Guide
- Information Systems:
- Partner with the Hospital IS department to equip Foundation staff with necessary tools
- Accountable for maintenance and security of the Raiser’s Edge donor management system, and Financial Edge systems
- Remain current on developments in new technology, and how such tools can enable the Foundation’s goals
- Direct leadership of the Finance team, including coaching, professional development and performance management
- Indirect coaching of other Foundation team members to support the growth and development of the broader Foundation team
- Attend all Board Meetings, Annual General Meeting, Finance & Audit Committee Meetings, and other Board Committee Meetings as required
- Administration of Governance activities for the Board including, but not limited to, management of by-laws, compliance, signing authorities, contracts, etc.
- Attend major Foundation events as required
·University degree or equivalent
·CA, CMA, or CGA designation an asset
· Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive senior leadership experience in a finance and accounting role
· Proven management experience, including budget planning and analysis
· Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, and leverage a team to meet deadlines and deliver strong results
· Data visualization and analytics capabilities – candidate needs to be able to tell a story from data to bring meaning and power from the information presented
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong leadership skills, with team leadership experience preferred
· Strong computer literacy including MS Office, and ideally Raiser’s Edge & Financial Edge
To pursue this career opportunity, please submit your resume for the corresponding position to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organizations policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hosptial and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted