1B Surgery offers you the opportunity to provide a safe environment and quality patient care to a varied surgical population. From General Surgery , Orthopedics , Urology , Vascular Surgery and the specialties of Plastic, Maxilla-Facial Surgery and most recently our specialty of oncology surgery. With our growing oncology population we have added a 4 bed surgical observation unit requiring increase observation post surgery. Providing care to such a diverse group of surgical patients, this unit gives the motivated RN opportunity to learn new skills and expand their knowledge of peri-operative nursing. The staff is proud of their commitment to on-going education and in their use of evidenced-based practice.
1B Surgery has a strong interdisciplinary team to offer our patients and their families quality care. Come and join this great team!
- Candidate will be a graduate of a recognized College or School of Nursing and preferably hold a Baccalaureate degree.
- Current certification or eligibility for Certification of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Recent surgical experience is required.
- A physical assessment course preferred.
- Previous experience in rehab and general surgery is required.
- All shift availability is required.
- Evidence of on-going professional development is preferred
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca