The Unit Coordinating Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of a fast paced patient care station in relation to communication, administration and coordination of required supplies. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and patient/family centered care.
- Facilitating appropriate action on patient information including maintaining client charts, compiling health record on discharge, ensuring
presence of the appropriate signatures, and obtaining health records from previous admissions as necessary
- Transcribing physician orders and completes requisitions via computer or manually
- Requesting/arranging appointments and transportation for client referrals or requests
- Maintaining confidentiality of client information
- Maintaining smooth, positive working relationships with visitors, unit staff, hospital staff and physicians
- Grade 12 diploma
- A related College Diploma in medical terminology and/or training in the medical secretarial field is required
- Proficiency in using Meditech module is required
- Candidates must have a typing speed of 30 w.p.m.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with attention to detail (accuracy)
- Availability for all shifts required
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca