The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
· The Brachytherapy nurse will practice in collaboration with members of the interprofessional team to provide patient and family-centred care.
· Utilizing a collaborative and evidence-based approach, the Brachytherapy nurse will provide education, peri-operative and post operative care to patients and families, undergoing Brachytherapy through direct, comprehensive and supportive care, navigating the system, maintaining professional practice and advocating for patients and families.
· Baccaalaureate in Nursing, preferred
· Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario
· Oncology Certification – CONC(C) preferred
· Peri-opertaive or PACU Certification/certificate preferred
· Cardiac monitoring and arrhythmia interpretation required, Coronary Care 1 and asset
· Must agree to participate in an online Radiation Oncology course (De Sousa Insitute) immediately after hire and attend a 1 day workshop in Toronto
· Minimum of 3 years current PACU preferred
· Radiation Oncology nursing experience an asset
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstarted leadership and strong organizational skills
· Embraces principles of evidence based practice
· Experience in patient education and symptom management
· Demonstarted assessment skills, IV Therapy skills and administration of medications
· Demonstrated knowledge of the pathophysiology of cancer
· Satisfactory attendance and performance required
· Must be available to work 8 and/or 10 hours shifts
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.