The Credit Valley Hospital is a professional, caring, health care organization that promotes life, health and innovation. Credit Valley is known for its innovative, can-do approach to providing quality patient care to the people of Mississauga and the surrounding region (approximately one million people).
1B Surgery offers you the opportunity to provide a safe environment and quality patient care to a varied surgical population. From General Surgery , Orthopedics , Urology , Vascular Surgery and the specialties of Plastic, Maxilla-Facial Surgery and most recently our specialty of oncology surgery. With our growing oncology population we have added a 4 bed surgical observation unit requiring increase observation post surgery. Providing care to such a diverse group of surgical patients, this unit gives the motivated RN opportunity to learn new skills and expand their knowledge of peri-operative nursing. The staff is proud of their commitment to on-going education and in their use of evidenced-based practice.
1B Surgery has a strong interdisciplinary team to offer our patients and their families quality care. Come and join this great team!
- Candidate will be a graduate of a recognized College or School of Nursing and preferably hold a Baccalaureate degree.
- Current certification or eligibility for Certification of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Recent surgical experience is required.
- A physical assessment course preferred.
- Previous experience in rehab and general surgery is required.
- All shift availability is required.
- Evidence of on-going professional development is preferred
- Satisfactory attendance and performance required
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Otherwise, please submit a completed Internal Career Opportunity Application form with your resume to the Human Resources Department by 1630 hours of the expiry date. Please indicate the HRD (Personnel Requisition Number) of the position you are applying to on the application form.